Join to access all content!
what you get as a premium member
Extended reference guides for…
- upper face actions with front-facing and 3/4 views
- eyebrow combinations with front-facing and 3/4 views
- lower face actions with front-facing and 3/4 views
- authentic emotion video references
- visemes with video references – front facing and 1/2 views
- ARKit to FACS extended guide
- facial mocap / posed expression capture tips & tricks
Access to exclusive research write-ups and educational articles on…
- facial expressions
- tips for animators and riggers
- under-researched topics in anatomy
Prices for new sign-ups are subject to increase as new content is added.
Subscribe now to lock in current rates.
what subscribers say
If you are here you know FACS exist. For most people learning traditional FACS is not feasible. It requires very costly specialized degrees and years long commitment. And the half century old research with fuzzy photos was not made for artists.
What Melinda has done for our industry is take the dense scientific information and streamlined it into very easy to digest entries and videos catered to artists.
In my opinion her work surpasses the inventors of FACS by vastly expanding on the original content by filling in numerous gaps of information. with modern medical research, breakdowns of facial genetic variation, applying the information to animals and stylized characters.
Instead of combing the whole internet or getting a phd on the subject you can just subscribe to this one stop shop.
Thank you Melinda, couldn't have done it without you.
join as a studio
What you get as a studio:
- access to all premium content
- a master account with multiple sub accounts
- ability to swap users in and out at your leisure (e.g. If you have a 10-user account, you are allowed to have 10 active users at a time. You control who gets access and can switch accounts on or off at any time.)
For groups larger than 20, email facetheFACS@melindaozel.com for flexible discounts and customizable plans.
here are all the resources you'll be getting with your membership
expression references & cheat sheets
deep dives & information posts
Advanced facial expression tips, research, instructional guides, and commentary.
about the creator
I’m a consultant and educator on all things face-related. Before pioneering a career path in expression science, I worked as a researcher at Meta and Affectiva where I used my expression expertise to advise the tracking and simulation of facial behavior. I now help companies in film, game, & tech create compelling animated characters and build high-fidelity face tracking technology.
Learn how you can work with me here!
past & present clients
past & present projects
- System and method for applying an expression to an avatar (patent)
- Systems and methods for improving animation of computer-generated avatars (patent)
- Notorious B.I.G. HyperModel by Hyperreal
- Apex Legends Season Launch Trailers 7, 8, & Stories From the Outlands – “Fight Night”
- Oculus LipSync
- Facebook Care reaction
- Facebook Emoji Sets
- Facebook Newsfeed Reactions
- Facebook Feeling/Activity
- Expressive Avatars